Thursday, June 30

Longer Drawings

These drawings range from 20 to 45 minute drawings, starting off with the shorter ones.

I just have to put this out there, the first older gentleman has his scrotum pierced.  How do I know this? Well during the warm up gesture drawings he decided to pose with his back end up in the air.  It was so hard to not laugh XD

After the first three the rest were done in a subtractive method where a layer of charcoal dust is rubbed into the paper and then an eraser or cloth is used bring back whites and grey onto the paper.  I really like the method for it's sculptural quality.

By the way, I love drawing cloth. 









1 comment:

  1. You are quite the figure artists. I especially love your darker works. I find them mysterious and alluring. It's beautiful how the figure emerges from the darkness.

    ReplyDelete